NFL - Software Asset Manager (SAM)
Great opportunity to be part of one of our NFL Technology teams!!
This position requires the employee to be on-site at NFL’s NYC location, 4 days per week/1 day remote. Employees have the option of banking their remote days, up to 20 days.
Job Title: Software Asset Manager (SAM)
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Senior Director, Service Delivery
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Required: 5 years of experience with IT, asset management or information management or Procurement.
- Required: 5 + years of previous software management experience in an enterprise and/or technical industry.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the web and distributed computing environment Software Asset Management Analyst Requirements:
- Minimum of two years' experience in a SAMA role
- Required: Extensive analytical, written, and organizational skills along with strong ability to perform detail-oriented work.
Special Skills / Abilities Required:
- Sets goals aligned with business objectives.
- Accountability for and ownership of scope of services.
- Sets standards and measures progress for personal and team objectives.
- Adaptable to change and willing to adopt new tools and technologies.
- Ability to multi-task under intense pressure.
- Team leader, able to apply the strengths of the team in all situations.
- Maintains short- and long-term action plans, communicates those plans to management and staff.
- Able to drive results against set business objectives and goals.
- Knowledge of IT Software Development Life Cycle: Initiation, Planning, Design, Development, Implementation, Maintenance, Retire.
- This role includes, planning, monitoring, recording software licenses, and software maintenance contracts to ensure compliance.
- Proactively manage the software asset management contracts, entitlements, and agreements for enterprise applications ( Adobe, Oracle, Microsoft) Leading and influencing the strategic development and daily operation of the organization's software asset management processes and systems (ServiceNow) and related
- Ability to collaborate across the IT organization and with business stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, crisis management and problem-solving skills are essentials.
- Good oral and written communication skills Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills.
- Ensures information is accurate and complete Self-motivated and open to learn all aspects of cloud administration.
- Must be willing to teach and share all knowledge with team members and other operational teams.
- Able to articulate ideas to IT senior management, interface with Application Developers, project management staff, business analysts and support staff.
- Software development lifecycle
- Advanced experience with enterprise tools and asset management suites – including hands-on experience working within the tool, configuring modules, and possess the ability to teach others how to use the tool efficiently.
- Experience managing all stages of the Software Asset life cycle.
- Experience with ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Integrate AMS third party data sources like SCCM, Active Directory, Big Fix, Eracent, vCenter, CMDB, etc.
- Support investigations and responses for internal and/or external 3rd party software audits.
- Accountable for all aspects of Software license management including all associated SaaS, 3rd Party Cloud, Perpetual, Term and Subscription licenses.
- Use ITAM tools to capture and track software asset lifecycle data.
Certification a plus (Not mandatory)
- ITIL Foundation certification\
- Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM)
Work Environment / Conditions:
- Travel within the US, estimated maximum 14 weeks or less
- Late and off hours work to resolve incidents or execute scheduled tasks
- Weekend work may be required
- On call 24 x 7 x 365
- High pressure, fast paced
As an IT Software Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software within the organization. The IT Software Asset Manager is responsible to provide guidance and manage IT SAM activities which includes maintaining the software repositories throughout its life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition, maintain compliance, software renewals, life cycle planning, cost optimization, and working with partners to ensure timely delivery of software assets to enable our business to function in a seamless and secure manner. This includes the management and the maintenance of records and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization’s software. The IT Software Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company software assets to oversee quality control throughout their life cycles. Formulates and implements processes, procedures and systems for tracking and analyzing software requisition through retirement.
- ServiceNow platform experience with a focus on ITAM, Software Asset Management.
- Experience in scoping, planning and managing complex and concurrent technical activities supported by a strong understanding of IT project management; demonstrated ability to manage scope, timeline, and budget.
- Experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; resourceful and capable of working in the abstract, with the ability to understand multiple facets of complex technologies.
- Effective facilitator of technical decisions; comfortable with working through ambiguous initiatives to develop effective solutions.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with experience communicating complex, technical concepts to all levels.
- Solid relationship management skills interacting horizontally and vertically across organizations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Prior ITAM roles (hardware or software) or demonstrable experience of working with IT asset management professionals to deliver ITAM capability and improved business outcomes.
- Experience leading system or tool implementations, with responsibility for verifying capabilities, outputs, dependencies, and implementation scope.
- Experience with BigFix, ServiceNow, JAMF, SCCM, and other related tools.
- Tertiary qualifications in project management or data analysis.
- Account for the IT software assets throughout the enterprise utilizing tools to manage all software assets within the organization and affiliated companies.
- Develop and conduct training as needed for use by department level staff to maintain inventory.
- Build an acquisition of software assets from planning through creation of asset record.
- Report to senior management ITAM/life cycles and resolve conflicts.
- Verify, enter, and adjust equipment IT software asset management data in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports.
- Track entire life-cycle management for each software asset in order to maintain warranty information, renewal, and end of life data information.
- Work directly with the Client Services teams and Procurement to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Develop written plans, policies, and procedures to document processes to support the software asset management lifecycle.
- Conduct annual inventory audits and develop processes and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining information about Configuration Items required to deliver IT services.
- Maintains a logical model, containing the components of the IT infrastructure (CIs) and their associations.