New York, NY (Remote work)
Senior UX Designer
FROM is looking for a Senior UX Designer with an inquisitive mind dedicated to crafting premium user experiences. Contribute your skills to transformational projects for big name consumer brands. Collaborate with our business and technology groups to provide winning solutions for challenging design problems. We help our clients create new digital products for commerce, travel, and entertainment. We optimize their existing platforms, to make them more engaging and more profitable. Our engagements are designed to unify the customer experience – online, in store, and everywhere else. We need the best and brightest designers and engineers to bring these ideas to life for our clients. Senior UX Designers work closely with our creative directors and project teams. They report to the Director of UX for standards, professional development and reviews. FROM’s Senior UX Designers know how to work with native apps and responsive website patterns. They understand the technical limits and possibilities of databases, CMS and operating systems. They are adept at crafting and facilitating user research and writing clear findings to support design proposals. The ability to draft wireframes and write technical documents for the visual designers and developers to use is key. Our primary office is located in New York, NY, with remote UX and UI team members in Orlando, FL and Boston, MA.
Here is what you will do:
- Transform design and business requirements into wireframes and specifications.
- Contribute to the creation, adoption and improvement of design patterns and guidelines and ensure their consistent expression across various touch points.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and other team members to identify and plan project requirements and conceptualize ideas.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to ensure the delivery of a brand nurturing design experience.
- Appreciate and offer critical feedback and seek it out in reviews with customers, peers, stakeholders and research.
- 5+ years of experience in this field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Fearless approach to usability and an intuitive understanding of user requirements and the human condition.
- The ability to communicate ideas and designs through sketches and simple flow diagrams.
- Solid portfolio that clearly demonstrates your process in helping to define innovative designs — assuming your role in the foundational thinking of the designs, rather than the final comps — and describes the “why” behind the design.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, web design best practices, visual trends and emerging web technologies.
- Experience designing for multiple devices and responsive design.
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm for leadership, team management, and mentorship.
- Skilled using UX/UI design tools like Sketch, schematic tools like OmniGraffle, and prototyping tools like Marvel, InVision, or HTML.