Experience & Education Requirements
Bachelor's or Master's Degree
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product lifecycle activities for a portfolio of applications. This includes understanding the business facing issues of the department(s) who utilize your product(s), creating/updating product management deliverables (support models, roadmaps, training strategy, product reviews), managing 2nd Level Application Support, application training, product administration and 3rd party vendors that support the product(s). In addition, you will be responsible for project related tasks and/or deliverables for projects that impact your product(s).
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the organization and establish a strong relationship with stakeholders, vendors and IT shared services to find innovative solutions that are aligned with the organizations short-term and long-term objectives. You will work with the business and IT to define application objectives, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target use cases of the application. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, often working or embedding yourself with the business to expand your understanding of the drivers that influence their requests. This will include managing the resolution of production support related issues. You will work with project management, business analyst and technical counterparts to define product release requirements. You will also serve as the liaison to the vendor, establishing a business relationship with their customer success, support and product management teams.
- Serve as the intersection between business, technology and user experience.
- Work with the Business Relationship Managers to act as the voice of the business within IT and be passionate about the delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with lines of business and ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
- Manage vendor relationships and contribute enhancement requests to the vendors roadmap.
- Stay informed on the vendors market position, product roadmap, the vendors competitors and potential partner relationships for the product.
- Serve as 2nd Level Support for application and work with various support teams to resolve issues.
- Creation and maintenance of key deliverables associated with the product i.e. support models, roadmaps etc.
- Manage the creation of and/or create training material and provide training to end users as needed.
- Must understand the technology stack and most importantly understand the level of effort involved to support and enhance the product.
- 5+ years of software solution/product management experience.
- Experience as an Internal Facing Application/Non-revenue Generating Product Manager (preferred).
- A solid working knowledge of the product management lifecycle and understand the tenets of best-practice software development.
- Prior experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies.
- A passion for emerging technologies and understanding of how the different layers of a tech stack work together.
- Experience managing software vendors and experience influencing vendor roadmaps.
- Existing product knowledge of corporate business systems used throughout the enterprise is a plus - content management systems, contract management solutions, collaboration platforms, HCM, ERP, CRM, legal case management, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and take ownership of a project and/or issue and bring it to successful completion.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and justify decisions.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Business degree a strong plus.