M&A Integration Lead
Based in New York City and founded in 2008, FROM, The Digital Transformation Agency, Inc. (“FROM”) is a digital transformation company that helps F500 brands transform from where they are now to where they need to be to succeed with today’s digital-first customers. We develop new digital products for shopping, banking, travel and entertainment. We optimize existing platforms, to make them more engaging and more profitable. We specialize in solving problems that block client innovation by offering strategy, software product development (design and engineering), and digital content services.
In early 2023, FROM partnered with Trivest with the goal of creating an industry leading platform by executing on strategic growth initiatives and partnering with exceptional businesses through a targeted M&A strategy designed to build on FROM’s strengths while adding new capabilities. In July, FROM acquired Algoworks Solutions (“Algoworks”), FROM’s first add-on acquisition. Based in Noida, India, Algoworks is a leading provider of IT services to US-based middle-market customers, specializing in software product engineering and Salesforce implementation & customization. Pro forma for Algoworks, the platform’s combined ~800 team members now support 250+ Clients, generating ~$34m of combined revenue.
For more information, visit https://www.from.digital/
Trivest Partners, with offices in Miami, Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Toronto, is a private investment firm that focuses exclusively on the support and growth of founder-led and family owned businesses in the U.S. and Canada, in both control and non-control transactions. Since its founding in 1981, Trivest has completed more than 500 investments, totaling approximately $8 billion in value. The firm has roughly $4.5 billion in assets under management, with a growing team of over 70 professionals.
For more information, visit https://www.trivest.com
About the Role
The M&A Integration Lead will have primary responsibility for overseeing the integration of businesses acquired by FROM. In this role You will be responsible for planning, executing and managing the integration process, ensuring a smooth and successful transition for both parties. This role requires deep project management skills and includes guiding and overseeing activities across all functional areas. It involves driving all tasks related to the integration to successful resolution/completion, including determining priorities and responsibilities, setting milestones, clearing roadblocks and reporting progress to senior management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the due diligence process to identify integration priorities and participate in preliminary integration planning.
- Lead and manage the integration of the acquired company into the parent organization, aligning the strategic, operational, financial and cultural aspects of the integration
- Collaborate with senior leadership and other key stakeholders in building key success metrics to evaluate integration planning and execution, as well as to define and accomplish acquisition integration priorities and goals.
- Understand both companies’ historical and forecasted financial performance and how the combined entity will perform.
- Build and manage the integration budget and identify, track and capture synergies.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional integration team that includes representatives from a wide set of functions across FROM including Program Management, Product, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, Finance and IT to create a comprehensive integration project plan.
- Assist with the launch of functional integration teams so they understand their charters and are organized for success.
- Manage the interdependencies between functions so activities are prioritized and sequenced correctly.
- Plan and conduct Integration Team Kickoff Meetings so that all functional integration leaders understand their roles and responsibilities during the transition period.
- Act as the primary liaison and point-of-contact to business leaders and other key personnel of the acquired businesses throughout the integration period and, as needed, assist them in resolving key issues and questions that arise.
- Escalate issues requiring senior-level input so they are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Ensure collaboration and information sharing among workstreams through transparency and effective communication.
- Monitor and track project progress against project deliverables; communicate project status, including roadblocks, milestones, successes with all project stakeholders.
- Evaluate the risks associated with an integration and mitigate them to the most reasonable extent possible.
- Inspire teams that may have never collaborated to work toward a shared goal and help work streams or teams balance competing priorities and manage any differences that may arise..
- Document any handoffs to business line leaders at the end of the transition period.
- Drive the continuous improvement of FROM integration processes and best practices and continually refine FROM’s post-acquisition integration playbook and templates.
Professional Experience & Requirements
- 4+ years of experience managing merger integrations either in-house or as part of a consulting/advisory firm.
- Experience with integration of professional services companies preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or a technical discipline. MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Global or multi-national business experience preferred.
- Experience in project managing complex projects involving multiple parties, systems and processes, preferably in mergers and acquisitions.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to influence corporate opinion and key stakeholders and to make timely decisions.
- Tact and diplomacy for interacting with people from different cultures and at every level of an organization.
- Experience managing and resolving issues, risks, and conflicts.
- Proven ability to operate independently, with minimal direct day-to-day supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through distributed cross-functional teams.
- Superior analytical and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of the acquisition lifecycle, integration planning, and strategic considerations
- Willingness to travel 10-20% over the course of an annual period.
This position would be remote based. FROM works in a fully remote capacity but travel to NYC will be required on an as-needed basis.