Director of Marketing
We are searching for an innovative Director of Marketing to join our rapidly growing professional services company. As the Director of Marketing, you will collaborate with our leadership team to develop and execute brand and marketing strategies relevant for our professional services consulting agency – with a comfort in strategy, design, and technical service offerings. You should bring current and relevant marketing best practices to inform your marketing approaches. You’ll lay out repeatable and scalable marketing processes, advising on what roles and third-party support are needed to execute economically and effectively and scale over time.
To be successful as a Director of Marketing, you should have a clear understanding about the practice of relationship marketing to SVP and C-suite prospects about services. You need to be a natural strategic thinker with initiative, who is also detail-oriented and has the ability to multitask. You should have points of view and be able to work autonomously in generating and running marketing campaigns, but also be particularly adept at collaborating with all levels of team members, including the CEO and leadership, on forming your plans.
Outstanding candidates have extensive marketing experience and substantive exposure to the professional services consulting world including strategy, design, and technology offerings or projects. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and are able to make decisions under pressure.
- Bringing relationship and professional services marketing best practices
- Formulating branding and marketing strategies.
- Implementing a test and learn approach to arrive at what works best
- Shaping and leading a capable marketing team and delegating tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Managing to a budget and be creative about getting the most of the budget
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets, and allocating resources appropriately.
- Reporting marketing progress in a simple and meaningful way to company leadership.
- Leading and/or conducting market research and implementing new strategies based on findings.
- Monitoring industry trends and scheduling meetings to share new information with the team.
- Setting daily, weekly, monthly and yearly targets, and implementing various incentives to ensure they are achieved.
- Tapping into new marketing technologies and techniques to remain scalable.
- Closely monitoring competitors’ successes and failures and learning from them.
- Supervising how we leverage marketing events and conferences to network with prospects and build new meaningful and relevant relationships.
- Assisting with the recruitment, training, and onboarding of new staff.
- BSc in marketing, branding, business, PR, or a similar field.
- Master’s degree may be preferable.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Substantive experience with professional services consulting involving strategy, design, and technology projects.
- Superb marketing and research skills.
- Natural strategic thinker.
- Knowledge and practical experience with SEO, digital marketing tools, and related software.
- Highly observant and analytical.
- Detail oriented with exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate and make difficult decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities written and oral fluency in American English communication skills and culture